The Wacker Polysilicon 11 Project consists of the new construction of a multi-billion dollar chemical plant to produce hyper-pure polysilicon. Construction consists of all infrastructure and structure to support the initial phase which includes over 260 acres and over 3 million square feet of structure. Work included:
- Over 3 million cubic yard mass grading
- Hydrated lime stabilization of soils
- Over 3 miles of roadways with bridge
- Full infrastructure utility installation
- Over 25 individual structures
- Shallow and deep foundations of auger cast piles, micropiles, and steel piles
- New railroad spur.
GEOServices provided all Geotechnical Engineering and Construction Material Testing for the project. Approximately 20 geotechnical explorations were conducted along with a site specific seismic evaluation. GEOServices provided QA/QC and Special Inspections services in accordance with the Owner’s stringent requirements. Among the services GEOServices provided were soils testing, concrete testing, foundation observations, pile inspections, retaining wall inspections, reinforcing steel inspections, structural steel inspections, aggregate testing, and asphalt testing.