The Sevierville Events Center at Bridgemont Project consisted of the construction of an approximately 200,000 square feet multi-use events center with a high bay 108,000 square feet Exhibit Hall, a nearly 20,000 square feet ball room and numerous additional meeting and conference and pre-function areas. In addition, to accommodate the parking requirements, a three level parking garage adjacent to the center. The important design and construction aspects consisted of the following elements:
- Tight site constraints with numerous MSE retaining walls and terrace levels in both cut and fills applications
- Site specific seismic study to minimize the impacts of the new IBC Code restrictions
- A portion of the facility was founded on shallow rock bearing foundations requiring detailed differential settlement calculations.
- High structural loads for exhibit hall and parking garage required intermediate and deep foundations to control settlement
- a rippability analysis and rock trenching analysis was performed by GEOServices to minimize the mass rock excavations for foundation and utilities at the site.
The total project cost exceeded $100-million.
GEOServices was responsible for all geotechnical testing, geotechnical design (MSE wall design), and QA/QC testing in accordance with stringent GSA and FBI standards. GEOServices provided materials testing service in conjunction with their off-site AASHTO approved laboratory. On-site materials testing services including soils testing, concrete testing, foundation observations, micro-pile inspection services, retaining wall inspections, reinforcing steel inspections, structural steel inspections (superstructure), aggregate testing, and asphalt testing.